HOW TO CREATE A KIDS CAPSULE WARDROBE
Posted on June 22 2021
A capsule wardrobe, by definition, is a small collection of timeless pieces and can be complemented with pieces from seasonal trends. In kids terms, it's a small wardrobe filled with clothes that no matter which two items are pulled out; will match!
What are the benefits you ask?
- Fewer clothes to fold, that's a HECK YES from us.
- It's affordable, capsules are cost-effective; CHA-CHING!
- Independent kids are happy kids; let them dress themselves and not cringe at their choices.
- Shopping is easier and can be done all in one spot!
Here's how to create that perfect capsule wardrobe for kids and even better yet; you don't need to look anywhere else but here.
DIVIDE THE CAPSULES INTO SEASONS
See what you already have that will work and then Marie Kondo the shiz out of your little one's wardrobe.
DECIDE HOW MANY CLOTHES YOU NEED
We think the best capsule wardrobes contain enough clothes for just over a week.
- 5-7 Tops
- 4-5 Bottoms
- 1-2 Dresses/Sunday Best Outfits
- 1-2 Sweaters/Hoodies
- 1 Jacket
- 3-4 Shoes
- 2-3 Pyjamas
COMMIT TO A COLOUR SCHEME
Trust us - this is the secret to making sure the red tights, green top and yellow hat DO NOT see the light of day!
THROW IN SOME PATTERNS & TEXTURES TO MIX IT UP
Minimal does not mean boring.
NOW THE REAL FUN BEGINS - START SHOPPING